Friday 17 February 2017


30 DAYS OF NIGHT || My Thoughts

Rating: ★★★★

Summary:
After an Alaskan town is plunged into darkness for a month, it is attacked by a bloodthirsty gang of vampires.


WARNING: SPOILERS!

I went to see this movie a week back with a friend of mine! I was actually kind of psyched about watching this cause it looked creepy and cool (I needed that dose o' excitement & thrill that day!) And it turned out to be a good movie, although I'm not quite sure if it was truly, overwhelmingly awesome or anything. It left me feeling a bit frustrated.

Here's the bits I liked...

- The ancient vampires talking, I liked what Marlow (the leader vampire) was saying especially cause it made sense (even if it was creepy, lol)
- The sudden jolts I got after watching someone get kidnapped in the dark
- Last bit where Eben injects Billy's infected blood so he could save Stella. (Now that's true, heart-wrenching sacrifice...)

I'm not a big fan of their eating habit though. Made me sick watching them eat, cause it was so messy and nasty. (Although if they ever were to exist, it'll look pretty realistic!)

I was rather curious about the language the vampire leader, Marlow, was speaking. So I looked it up and it turns out that ironically, it is the Language of the Angels aka Enochian. :) It does sound pretty neat and the alphabets are fascinating! You can have a look here if you'd like! ;D

Here's the bits that got me wondering...

- How Jake was able to escape the vampires that attacked him, but not his grandmother (Of course, she probably didn't stand a chance in the speed element. But wouldn't the same thing apply somehow to Jake?)
- Why the vampire Marlow said something about not converting anyone into them, and yet one of Eben's best friends was turned. I guess it was accidental, but still, its pretty weird.
- The vampires were trying to track down the humans in the houses, but they could've just busted up every home if they wanted. Why take the time to hunt these humans down in time-consuming ways?

HOWEVER the movie also had some kick-ass scenes! :D
Here's some I thought were awesome...

- The vampires coming after the beginning of the 30 nights (the scene where Eben and Stella are in the car and a vampire tries to stop them)
- Another car scene where the vampires try to make Eben and Stella get out of the vehicle by flipping it over. That was frightening!
- The ending scene where the oil starts to drip down the snow, and how the match in vampire Marlow's hand leaves from his mangled fingers.


(When I saw this scene, I couldn't help but smirk - I just wanted to say, Run, -beech-, runnn for your liiiife! lol. I have a weird sense of humor. )


All in all, it wasn't a bad movie at all! The acting was average! Not super awesome and over the top awesomeness, but enough to keep my attention focused on the movie! :D


Official Site:

IMDB:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment