Sunday 9 August 2009


THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN

Rating: ★★★★

Summary: 
The Pevensie siblings return to Narnia, where they are enlisted to once again help ward off an evil king and restore the rightful heir to the land's throne, Prince Caspian.

- WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD! -


I liked the first installment for this sequel, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, so I thought I'd watch the second movie that leads to further adventures for the Pevensie siblings! I'm actually quite pleased to tell you that it seems to live up to its predecessor, although perhaps lonely of a few magical dust.

I think I was also tempted to see Ben Barnes in his performance as Prince Caspian, since at one point everybody was going nuts about him (in a good way, I might add, so I mean no offence here!) :) I saw him once in Easy Virtue and I thought he was superb! :D

I liked the fact that it had a darker and mature feel to the movie, far different from the first movie, which was full of light-heartedness! Of course, the late appearance of Aslan might have the been the reason why it seemed sadder in this movie, but the reality that meets the Pevensie's might have been even more harsher.


Best Attributes of the Movie: 
- CGI (Looks very believable! The talking animals look real!)
- Score (Breathtaking!)
- Cast (The acting was well-done! :D)
- Location (Stunning and very Narnia-ish!)
- Costumes (It fits perfectly with the essence of the story!)

Storywise, I think this was a wonderful fairytale, although for a Disney movie, it had darker undertones cast across it.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment