Sunday 9 August 2009



DOLLHOUSE - SEASON ONE
Unreleased Episode || "Epitaph One"

- WARNING: SPOILERS! -

I am astonished... This episode, it just blew me away. Ever since watching Dollhouse, I've always had a sense of voidness because at some point the show never gives away all the answers (which is also fun in some way, cause it keeps you guessing and craving for more episodes! :D lol!). So after watching this, I feel like I've eaten a huge cake of spoilers that I've deliciously consumed! I'm still confused though, lol. 

Let me explain what happens in the episode... 
(I'm gonna explain as best I can from what I remember. Please forgive me if I leave out some details...)

SUMMARY:
(Warning.. Contains Spoilers!)
In the near future of 2019, everybody is imprinted with memories and a human mind that is not their own. Or worse, has been sucked out of its original body. Six survivors (I think?) are trying to get through the fallen city unharmed and their memories/self intact. The survivors are three men and two women, with a little girl included. (One of the men has already been un-imprinted, you could say. He's just a walking dummy...) They stumble across the Dollhouse mansion and find a way to get to the truth of the problem, by picking up the pieces of what had happened... 

The new scenario that Joss Whedon had created in 'Epitaph One' really chilled my bones, mostly because I didn't expect it! I have to admit, when I saw the first part of the episode, it reminded me of 'Termiator: Salvation' (which, I know, is not in anyway related, lol). The actors that play the survivors make the whole feel of the episode believable, and you can relate to them if you imagine yourself in their shoes. The actress who plays the little girl is also really talented! I was astonished! :D Overall, this episode rocked! I think its the best out of all the episodes of Dollhouse! It has a bittersweet ending though, and it left me craving more! I warn you though, some parts are depressing though. But its worth watching cause it's really well done! And as you might have already noticed, it includes LOADS of SPOILERS! :P


- BEST BITS of the EPISODE -

- 2019: Post-Apocalyptic scenario
- Dollhouse operation going wildly out of control, causing normal civilians and others to be imprinted
- Having to survive this world where anyone can be imprinted with a mind that has been stolen from its original body
- How one mind can be shared in many other dolls
- The entangled different relationships between the dolls and the crew of the Dollhouse Mansion
- Whiskey's appearance and how she helps the survivors find a way to Safe Haven
- The surprising twist of who the killer is that lurks in the Mansion
- The cliffhanger that leaves us with what happens to the remaining three survivors (Echo/Caroline included)

- UNEXPLAINED BITS -

- Who the woman was that was imprinted in the little girl's body
- How Whiskey had ended up in the mansion, alone and half-crazed (Echo/Caroline did mention that she stayed there of her own free will.. Still, its confusing.)

-

Here's a Sneak Peek of the Episode, 'Epitaph One'! :)
(Be warned, there's a minor spoiler!)


Official Site:

IMDB:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment