Sunday 12 July 2009


Thinking about Harry Potter makes me nostalgic. And when I saw the first movie on TV the other night, it made me happy and sad at the same time. I grew up with Harry Potter, he's just one year older than me! :) I've been reading his stories since 3rd grade and his story has inspired me so much! Now the golden trio are all grown up and I've become close to being an adult myself! :)

I remember the the first time I ever heard about Harry Potter. Mom was trying to get me to read it cause it had lots of good reviews and she thought I'd like it. I wasn't exactly enthusiastic about it or anything, because the first chapter only confused me and I didn't quite get into it at first. But after reading several more pages, I was hooked! And it shocked me that this book actually became exciting to read! Before I knew it, I'm running around trying to get my hands on every book of the Harry Potter series I could find, just to know what happens next! It was like a storytelling drug and I just couldn't get enough!

In many way, the books helped me understand life and society, and above anything else, about myself and friends. Like the Lord of the Rings trilogy, it has every element of humanity loaded into each book. Harry's courage & strength collided to become mine, and while reading his adventures, I'd always ask myself if I would do the same thing. Of course, there were times I'd think he was being stupid (Lol, in a friendly way, o'course! Although I'm not quite sure about Cho Chang... That I really thought Harry was being an idiot.) and other times a GENIUS! :D But what would the stories be without Harry's two bestfriends, right? ;) I love Hermione and Ron, they rock the very core! Without them, its like eating bread without the jelly & peanut butter!

When the last installment of the Harry Potter Series, 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows', came out, I was slightly devastated that this really was the end of Harry's journey with his awesome companions and magical world.

I'm starting to get that same feeling once again, but only for a little while! Don't get me wrong though, I'm ecstatic about the idea of the 7th book now being turned into a movie! :D AND cut into two parts! I'm really looking forward to it! :D

I'm also waiting for the 6th movie, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince to come out soon! In Japan, its out on the 15th! Fortunately, that's the same day the movie tickets go cheap! (Usually here in Japan, at my age I'm supposed to pay as a adult, which is about 1800 yen. Now that's pretty expensive for one ticket!) The trailer looks bloody awesome! I haven't exactly read the 6th book that well, I didn't really have that much time to read it throughly when I had it!

Here's a trailer for the new movie, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, if you haven't seen it! (Although I'm guessing that you already have! ;)


I wonder what J.K.Rowling is working on next! It'd be really interesting to read something quite different than Harry Potter - we fans have all become quite used to reading HP and most of us expect magic to be involved! Maybe its just one book or two, written as an adventure or something close to the sort! ;D Whatever it might be, I bet its gonna be brilliant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment