Thursday 16 July 2009



I met a baby crow today when I was walking home! :D

I was actually surprised because from afar I thought it was a full-grown adult crow that just happened to be on the ground.

The baby crow was actually pretty cute, in a scruffy and raggedy sort of way. I never really saw a baby crow before, mostly big ones that look scary when they're with the other crows, so it was very interesting to watch. I was kinda worried though, cause the baby crow was trying to hide in a bush that was very close to the road where the cars were buzzing by. I think he (or maybe she) is okay though, cause the other crows that flew by started to caw all around me, rustling their wings, perched on the tree branches next to the bush. :)

(The one I saw today wasn't as well-groomed as this baby crow though. It was more scruffy, with white stuff poking out of its head and feathers. o_O)

This made me curious enough to search about crows on the internet! :D lol! And this is some pretty interesting facts I collected! (It helps to know cool, miscellaneous stuff! ;)

FACTS!

- Crows are protective of their young, whether it be their own children or not. They'll actually accept foster children without hesitation and will feed, accept and protect them as one of their own.

- Baby crows have blue eyes that turn brown when they grow older! o.O

- Crows are omnivorous. So they eat just about anything!

- They are called the carrion crow in England

- In the past, crows were killed in great numbers, however after a time, the United States and the Mexican Government made a treaty which in turn, now makes the species Corvidae (Crow, Raven, Jays), protected. 

- In the wild, crows live up to 6 to 7 years. In captivity, they live to reach 20 years (the oldest known to live up to 30 years old!)

- Their natural enemies are owls.


Sources (Pic & Site):





0 Comments:

Post a Comment